Monday, March 8, 2010

Inspired at Tenebrae

Inspired at Tenebrae


Even as I stood
Steeped in my iniquity
Even still, You loved me
And gave more than I dared ask You to give.

Even as I lie
In the bed of prostitution
Even still Your hand stretched to me
And gave more than I would ever give.

Even as I ran
From the beauty of Your blood
Even still You invited the nails
And gave me more than anyone else would give.

You gave Your Holy Self to sin
That what you would give
Was given that if at least one take it
That one may live.


I wrote this following a Tenebrae service that I attended while in Seminary (yes little known fact I was a seminary student for a semester. I was studying to be a Christian Counselor but dropped out because I decided it wasn't the career I wanted. I adored graduate school and got straight A's but I couldn't afford to pay for Tuition if I didn't want to be a therapist after all. FYI the reference to prostitution is figurative, not literal. It refers to selling yourself for less than what you are worth, trading purity for sin.

2 comments:

  1. Another test...1.2.3. Lizzy I thought my first comment (test) was for this post but I see it showed up in your Jan. 24 article instead. So I'm attempting to post here in your March 5 article. Let's see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, I mean... March 8 article. doh!

    ReplyDelete